We want to encourage you to show off your photographs and to have fun! Here's how it works:
Below are the steps for saving and uploading images to the forum:
- You are allowed to attach up to ten images per post. You are also welcome to attach more in subsequent posts. We just ask that you use common sense and don't over do it if it's not necessary (i.e. attaching 30 images to a single post would make it difficult for users with slow internet connections to download and view the page).
- Images are limited to 1000 pixels in either direction. Please try to keep the overall size of your images as small as possible - save them for web viewing.
- Images will show up in your posts constrained to 600 pixels in either direction so that they don't make the page run extremely long sideways. These are called thumbnail previews. When you click on the image, it will open up at full size.
- As usual, keep the images tasteful. Obviously that means no nudity or any other inappropriate content.
- All of the forum rules can be found here.
- Open the image in photo editing software such as Adobe Elements or Photoshop.
- Reduce the image size to 1000x1000 pixels or less. To do this in Photoshop or Elements go to Image --> Size. In the pop up box, type in 1000 (or any smaller number) in the width or height box. (you donít need to change both Ė just pick one). Make sure the Constrain Proportions box is checked and that the Resolution indicates 72 pixels/inch. Click OK.
- Next save the image to your Desktop by going to File --> Save for Web & DevicesÖ This will ensure that your images are optimally saved for Internet viewing.
- In the Save for Web and Devices window, select JPEG from the drop down menu and choose a quality setting (usually a number between 60-75 is sufficient).
- Now your image is saved and should waiting for you on your Desktop. Itís time to attach it to your message in the forums.
- Open up the message your wish to attach the image to by hitting the New Topic or Reply to Thread buttons. Click on the little image icon to insert a photograph into your message (as shown below). Repeat the process until you have inserted all the images you wish to present (limited to ten images per post).
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)