Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hi there, I'm Steve from New Zealand. I've been my family's designated snapper for as long as I can remember, mainly because I'm a gadget magnet and always seemed to have a camera on me. I got my first SLR 18 months ago and have delved deep into many books since then to try and learn the art, the science , and everything in between. I recently decided to start my own part time business and I'm currently offering TFP shoots to build up my portfolio. I like doing people photos primarily, and haven't yet been attracted into any other styles like landscape, wildlife or macro

I like using Adobe Lightroom because most of the time I just want to crop, straighten and correct colour balance and exposure. Very rarely do I 'touch up', but as I get more into the business side I probably will do small touch ups just to add some value to the end result

I'd like to get to the point where I've got about 1 paying customer each weekend, not only to supplement our income, but also because I enjoy it so much, and because I just love people. I think that families who decide to go to the time and expense of scheduling a portrait session are the kind of people who also love their lives and families, and I'm looking forward to connecting with them and giving them some memories to hang on their walls at home

Administrator
    Welcome to the F/Stop Spot, Steve! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and talking shop!

What camera(s) do you shoot with and what lenses do you have in your arsenal?
    Please tell me what you think of my photos. I'm always looking for brutal honesty so I can improve my work.

BrainardPhotography.com | FretboardStudio

Besides, getting punched in the face doesn't hurt as much as you might think. -michjo

Welcome to the forum Steve! I look forward to seeing a few of your images and getting to know you better.

By the way Steve, how did you find the F/Stop Spot?

Thanks very much guys, I found the F/Stop Spot when reading the guides in the Pocket Poser app. The app was a life saver when I was asked to do some portraits for Chelsea who features on my website - none of the books I had read covered posing much at all, and Pocket Poser was the perfect resource. I have a Canon 600D, a Tamron SP 24-135mm, the nifty fifty, the EF-S 55-250mm and Yongnuo flashes and triggers. I'll be sure to put up some pictures as I progress!

That's right! I recognize your name now from the review you left us on the Google Play store. Thanks again for the glowing review!

No problem! I'm still amazed at the quality of the product you guys have created there. The photography, the supporting information, the programming and functionality of the app, it's all top notch

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
    No problem! I'm still amazed at the quality of the product you guys have created there. The photography, the supporting information, the programming and functionality of the app, it's all top notch
    Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the app and getting use out of it. We're always open to suggestions for improvement too, so feel free to share your ideas.
    Please tell me what you think of my photos. I'm always looking for brutal honesty so I can improve my work.

BrainardPhotography.com | FretboardStudio

Besides, getting punched in the face doesn't hurt as much as you might think. -michjo