Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Preferred Vendor List

How do you usually get on the preferred vendor lists of hotels, restaurants, etc. for wedding photography? Who do you approach?

Thanks,
    Otto

Otto,

I think the basic approach is to physically make contact with each vendor. I make most of my connections while I am working at the wedding. I bring my wedding flyers and give them to the cater, DJ, wedding coordinator, etc. Since they are able to see you work, it's a great way to establish some credibility. If you take the time to take some professional photographs of the wedding cake and catered food, you can give them to the vendors. This is a great way to build some goodwill with other wedding businesses. The other option is to cold call vendors by dropping in (yuk!).

I am finding more and more that traditional marketing strategies are just not working very well these days. I get far more mileage out of having a search friendly website, Google AdWords and referrals from previous clients who were happy with my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Paxton View Post
    Otto,

I think the basic approach is to physically make contact with each vendor. I make most of my connections while I am working at the wedding. I bring my wedding flyers and give them to the cater, DJ, wedding coordinator, etc. Since they are able to see you work, it's a great way to establish some credibility. If you take the time to take some professional photographs of the wedding cake and catered food, you can give them to the vendors. This is a great way to build some goodwill with other wedding businesses. The other option is to cold call vendors by dropping in (yuk!).

I am finding more and more that traditional marketing strategies are just not working very well these days. I get far more mileage out of having a search friendly website, Google AdWords and referrals from previous clients who were happy with my work.
    Thanks so much!