Free 14 Page Posing Guide For Portrait Photographers
Download our free 14 page posing guide for portrait photographers. In this guide we’re going to look a variety of ways to pose women’s hands during a portrait session. We’ll also look at strategies for communicating with your clients effectively.
Clients and professional models look to the photographer for guidance on posing and presentation. Most people need some direction on how to stand, what to do with their hands and feet and how to present themselves in front of the camera.
As portrait photographers, it’s up to us to lead the session. Your confidence and ability as a photographer will set the tone for the portrait session and help your client feel confident that you know what you’re doing.
Ready To Learn More? Check Out Pocket Poser™
This free guide is sponsored by Pocket Poser™ (smartphone and tablet posing app). Pocket Poser™ features over 300 poses, portrait guides and Lightroom presets.
Always have access to 100s of professional portrait poses and learn the latest posing techniques using Pocket Poser™ for smartphones and tablets! Pocket Poser™ features over 300 professional poses of men and women. Get access to Pocket Poser™ here.
- Access to over 400 professional poses of men and women.
- Detailed instructions and best practices on portrait photography, posing and lighting.
- Access to Lightroom workflow, vintage and split toning presets for portraits and weddings.
- Regular content updates. Look forward to new poses and guides via in-app updates.
- Crisp thumbnails and full size images demonstrating each pose.
- Poses are sortable by category so you can quickly find specific styles.
- Favorite poses can be saved and reviewed separately.
- All posing content is available offline.
- Compatibility with over 9000 Android smartphones and tablets.
Easy to understand “how-to” posing overlays accompany many of the images providing detailed information about how poses were constructed and common mistakes to avoid. New and experienced portrait photographers as well as models searching for professional techniques will find Pocket Poser™ a valuable resource.
Share This Guide!
You are welcome to share this guide (including hosting it on your own website). We just asked that you do not change the content of the guide in any way. The text and photographs belong to Steve Paxton and are subject to United States and International copyright laws. If you have questions the author (Steve Paxton) can be contacted here.